We are now carrying a new sunscreen by Obagi and it is tinted! With summer right around the corner we want to make sure you are applying and reapplying your sunscreen every 90 minutes to 2 hours.
Obagi just made it that much easier. This awesome sunscreen is available in cool and warm shades for different skin tones. Most of our employees and patients who have purchased Sun Shield Tint use it as their foundation for an easy application.
Technologically advanced formulation provides skin protection against both UVB and UVA radiation plus infrared defense helps to buffer the skin from heat-derived oxidative stress.
Here are some tips about skin protection to think about as summer approaches us:
- Seek the shade, in particular between 10:00AM and 2:00PM
- Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths
- Cover up skin with sun-protective clothing, a broad-brimmed hat and UV blocking sunglasses
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen every day with an SPF of 30 or higher
- Apply 1 ounce of sunscreen all over your body 30 minutes before going outside; reapply every 2 hours, and after swimming or sweating
- Examine your skin head to toe monthly for changes
- Schedule a yearly visit with your physician for a complete skin exam
Call our office for a free skin analysis today at 515.221.4905!